Saturday, January 12, 2008

Lily's nursery




Above are some pictures from Lily's new nursery that we just finished. Emily and I spent a lot of time making this a special room for Lily. The one picture I should have included is one of the inside of her closet. Her wardrobe is getting mighty impressive. Emily hand painted the "LILY" letters and added the flowers on them for a nice touch. Our dog Sadie was not happy when we first starting slinging the pink paint around on the walls but she has claimed this room as her own. I think it is her last ditch effort to remain the lone "child" in our lives. Sadie has been sleeping on the pink rug in front of Lily's crib almost every night. I think Sadie believes we created a special room for her. She is going to get a rude awakening soon. This monday starts week 34 for Emily's pregnacy. Lily is progressing well and is measuring ahead of schedule in size. That is great for Lily except the doctor's are beginning to wonder if she will last the full 40 weeks or make her grand entrance a few weeks early. Our goal is to make sure Lily joins us in February and not in January. We'll see if she's going to listen to us or not. The doctors have continued to stay positive about her heart condition and now believe it may be possible to utilize the right side of her heart. Basically, they are hoping that either with either heart catheterization or with open heart surgery they will be able to repair the surroundings of the right ventricle (and valves) enough to make them usable. They still will not now this for sure until Lily is born and they can do an ultrasound directly on her. For now, it will be more waiting, wondering, and praying for Emily and I. Until then, we will continue to prepare for Lily's arrival as best as possible. Basically that means Emily will continue to shop for wonderful new outfits that Lily "must" have and I will continue to put baby gifts together. Check back again for more updates later this week.






1 comment:

L. Bishop said...

Beautiful room!! Lily is one lucky girl : ) Emily : You were dead on when you described it as "sweat and low" pink!