Today Emily had an ultrasound done to check on Lily's progress. Emily, my mom, and I went to the doctor's office today hoping we may get to see a good picture of the baby and hopeful bring a picture or two home to share with everyone. To our surprise, we felt like we were at a photoshoot for a calender. The ultrasound technician was very nice and took probably two dozen images of Lily including her head, hands, feet, heart, stomach, spine, and full body profile. The images were really clear 2-D images and I was really excited when I saw them. That was nothing compared to what I was about to see. Suddenly 3-D images of Lily started popping up on the screen of her head, face, and hands. It was amazing, shocking, and even a little spooky to see. It was like there was a window in Emily's stomach and we could look right in to Lily. Lily is now 22 weeks (out of 40 weeks) and has an estimated weight of 1.2 lbs. She is still very tiny but really resembles a child now. She was moving around, grabbing her feet, yawning, and putting her hands on her head and face. The 3-D images looked like the old clay-mation movies. I was so excited to see her face for the first time! Everything went well and she is progressing as normal. We have a visit on Thursday with the heart specialist at the Cleveland Clinic. Another echocardiogram will be done to check on the condition of her heart. We are hoping to find out more about her diagnosis and on the surgeries she will need after she is born. Despite her heart condition, its so evident that Lily is a fighter and a real fire ball. She was so active today during the scan that she was making me tired. I don't think she's going to let a "little" heart condition stop her from doing anything. Check back for more details from our next doctor's visit this Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The pics are really cool....I never had a 3-D ultrasound, it must have been really neat to see in person
It was awesome! I just hope we can get another in a month or two so we can compare the images and see how much she changes.
Post a Comment